Re-cover the table & cushions with new cloth
Some of the most common ways cloth is damaged are:
- Depending on the amount of ultraviolet (UV) the table is subject to. The colour of the cloth can fade.
- UV can also dry out the cloth and make it brittle.
- Cues that have no tip on them can rip the cloth.
- Drinks and food stains can’t be removed. The cloth is wool and needs to be replaced.
- Transporting the table from one location to another.
Re-clothing your table can bring your tired dated pool table back to life. Pool tables are very low maintenance objects. Because of this fact, they tend to go unnoticed when they aren’t in use. Pool tables are often the centrepiece of a room, and even though they are looked after, the cloth ages. On the other hand, if you aren’t caring for the cloth by covering the table in a brightly lit room when not in use or brushing down the cloth, your centrepiece loses some of its splendour. But for something you used to gather around every Saturday night with your mates, the memory of sinking a few balls comes back to you. You can’t neglect something that brings you so much joy. It’s time to get the table cleaned up and call the mates over again.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS INVOLVED IN BILLIARD TABLE CLOTH REPLACEMENT?
Depending on the location of the table there are a couple of options available.
- If your table is local we would collect the cushions and bring them back to the workshop for re-covering. Then return to fit the bed cloth and reassemble.
- If you’re based rurally, we can either complete the job on-site or you can bring the cushions to us for the first stage of repairs. Then we will return to fit the bed cloth and reassemble.
Due to the weight of billiard tables and the care required in moving them, it is best not to unnecessarily move them. Therefore, when we re-cloth the table we typically only take the cushions away. This means there will be two separate visits to complete the process.
Our billiard table re-clothing process may include a combination of the following steps:
- Remove the old cloth from the table bed and cushions.
- Check the slate bed surface.
- Fit your new cloth in your selected colour onto the table bed.
- Place new spots and markings on the new cloth.
- Replace cushion cloth.
The turnaround time is dependent on several factors. But generally in 3-4 days. Some tables, like coin-operated tables, can sometimes be returned within the same day. Be sure to mention upfront any urgency you may have – such as needing the work done before family or friends come to visit – and we will endeavour to work to your timeframe.
The cloth brands we have in stock are:
Mitchell, MC500 Pure Wool Cloth In Traditional Green
There are several colours available as special orders. This grade of cloth is a cost-effective and durable option.
Strachan, 6811 tournament grade English cloth 100% pure Australian wool
This is a competition grade cloth that is high performance and a little more expensive. We have traditional green in stock and there are several colours available as special orders.